A practice in being thankful, being thoughtful

For these holidays, I've decided (we've decided) to make most of our presents for people. It's a pleasant sort of challenge, since even if I'm making the same *kind* of thing for several people, it lets me think about each specific person's personality, particular situation, potential wants or needs, and try to make accordingly. It's also a way for me to feel generous even in a year when we can't afford a lot monetarily.

This first thing I'm sharing probably doesn't really count, since it was for Thanksgiving (sort of), and it's just a lil digital output. But I found a lovely meditation from Philip Moffitt, and wanted to share it with Aaron - but also didn't necessarily think he'd read the whole thing. I'm not big on Thanksgiving as a holiday per se at all, but I've been feeling very desirous and needy of working on my attitude of late, and this was a timely way to share those feelings. So I adapted Moffitt's meditation on gratitude, and sort of... sculpted it, and created this:

I'm thankful for you

I'm going to continue to use the space to catalogue what I'm making; since most of the ideas I've gotten from others and adapted them, it makes sense to throw this back out there to the 'webs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the spirit...

October 26, 2021

November 12, 2020